Welcome to Rockaway Borough Public Library Online
June 14 thru August 31
Everyone is welcome to join the Summer Reading Program.
Kids: Starting Monday, June 14th, stop in to register, pick up a reading log and a treat plus receive tickets to enter to win exciting prizes! Five tickets given upon sign-up; earn more for each program you attend (virtual or in-person). Complete all reading requirements and return your log in August for a prize! Plus you'll receive more tickets for our grand prizes!! You can use your tickets any time from when you receive them up until August 31st.
Adults: Starting Monday, June 14th, receive a ticket for each time you check out books. Earn more for each program you attend (virtual or in-person). Use the tickets to enter to win any of our grand prizes at the end of the Summer Reading Program (SRP) period. You can use your tickets any time from when you receive them up until August 31st.
Updates to Library Services and Programs
- Building access will be limited to 10 people at a time. Please limit your time in the library to one hour per day.
- The restrooms will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- Most Library programs will continue to be held virtually, although some outdoor programs have been scheduled for the spring and summer.
- Limited seating is available to read newspapers or magazines. At this time, we ask that you limit your time in the library to one hour.
- There is 1 computer available for use in the library. Computer use is by appointment only and patrons are limited to one hour per day, no exceptions.
- The copy machine is available. Please bring correct change to minimize physical contact between staff and customers.
Curbside Pickup is available by placing holds for items online or by phone at 973-627-5709. The library staff will notify you when your items are available and arrange for contactless pickup.
Beginning with the July 21, 2021 meeting until further notice, the Library Board of Trustees meetings will be held at the Community Center and virtually via Zoom.
Mondays and Wednesdays 12 pm - 8 pm
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 10 am - 6 pm
Saturdays 10 am - 2 pm
The Rockaway Borough Public Library provides informational, educational and entertaining resources, services and programs to the community.
The historic Library, with its local history Museum, combines the technology of today with the character and charm of the past.
We're as local as Main Street, as near as your smartphone, tablet, desktop computer or digital device.
To access hoopla, click here: hoopla
To access the cloudLibrary, click here: cloudLibrary
Virtual programs are posted on the library's Facebook page and held via the library's Zoom account.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Register for library programs here - Program Registration